Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week in review

In no particular order:

*Studied myself silly for an anatomy test. Got required grade. Things seem to be on track for nursing school. In fact, I start the registration process in a few weeks. I'm super-excited to find out what classes I'll be taking, and to see who my new best friends for the next two years are going to be.

*Went to devotions hosted by friend Caitlin. It was beautiful, and cathartic, and full of love. All things that devotions should be.

*Worked, a lot. The Cheese is taking over my life. New Friend Megan mentioned jobs at local HCA hospitals. Part time, great for nursing students, and you get to hold babies. Hmm...

*Received confirmation from Julie Walker, again. During her phone conversation with my mom, she once again mentioned that I am really stable, and that I'm going in the right direction; I just need to be patient. Julie is a wise, wise woman.

*Spent much of one night talking to my brother's girlfriend. Found out that I'm not the only one who remembers some of the things that went on during my childhood. Felt incredibly validated.

*Spent much, much time at the gym. I heart endorphins, and the relief I get from not thinking about anything but what's blaring from my iPod for an hour and a half.

*Picked up running again. Getting ready to go now, in fact. Then it's lunch with an old high school friend, and out for the weekend, for what will hopefully be a time of relaxation and reunion.

*Got more than my fair share of what I took to be messages from the world, thanks to the random songs on iTunes. I leave you with today's advice:

"It's not now or never. It's not black and it's not white. Anything worth anything takes more than a few days and a long, long night. Don't push so hard against the world. You can't do it all alone, and if you could, would you really want to? Even though you're a big strong girl, c'mon, c'mon lay it down."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i like the lyrics of that song... but i admit i am a little afraid to go thru with an itunes purchase of the song... but i should just do it because i'm sure you have impeccable taste... but still... should i? is it fantabulous? i've never heard it?

Unknown said...

ok... so the last sentence in that previous comment was not supposed to have a question mark.

Unknown said...

i think i like your idea?

Melon said...

in about a month you wanna run with me? i have to wait about a month because otherwise my spleen might leak...

Erin said...

Caitlin - we should hang out this week?

Melon - No to leaking spleens! Yes to running!