Friday, September 7, 2007

Unplugged

It is a fairly well-known fact that I am not a morning person. I am typically able to function by 8, but am not completely caught up with the world around me until closer to 10. My piano class is at 9, right on the border...

This morning, I walked into class a little early and sat down to practice before we officially started. Each of our pianos is equipped with a handy-dandy headset, which allows you to practice "Miniature Waltz" as many times as your little heart desires without your professor or your fellow students knowing that you tend to mess up the chord on the 5th bar, or that you must play it over...and over...and over...until it is perfect, because you are somewhat obsessive-compulsive.

That's the idea, anyway.

I had played for about ten minutes when Dr. Pretzel (his actual name) walked over, gave me a typical Dr. Pretzel look (wry amusement combined with despair) and held up...the dangling end of my headset cord.

So much for stage fright. And please pass the coffee.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no... i would have opened my mouth with fright and passed out, and when coming to would have opened a bag of pretzels and crying, would say, "dr pretzel! why? WHY!?"

but i'm sure you handled the situation much better than that... oh the adventures of erin and dr. pretzel...

Unknown said...

hmm... apparently kathhy has been using my computer. i did not know she was logged on here... and that comment above was from... me!

Unknown said...

I was reading my comment and thinking, wow, I'm even farther gone than I thought. I not only don't remember this post but neither do I remember commenting on this post. Phew,....that's a relief to find out that I am actually Caitlin. Dr. Pretzel? I love that and I totally have a picture in my mind as to what he looks like.

The real Kathy.

Heather said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! In addition to your post making me laugh, Erin, Caitlin's comment masquerading as Kathy's comment totally cracked me up. Thanks, ladies! All together, you really brightened my evening! :-)