Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why study when I can blog about the weekend?

Last weekend, I got to escape the frigid plains of Kansas and hop a plane to sunny L.A.

Despite my arrival at an insanely early hour, Andrew oh-so-cheerfully picked me up at the airport and we commenced spending the Perfect Weekend together. Granted, the Perfect Weekend mostly consisted of homework, but it was really fantastic to be doing homework where the distance between us was the length of the coffee table, instead of the length of most of Kansas, Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. Just to give you a glimpse of what life in California is like (and to reassure all of you Midwesterners that yes, 80-degree weather will indeed come again someday...) I've included some photos. Note: I've also included a photo of Andrew and I for everyone who keeps asking who this Andrew person is, anyway. Note II: I did not suddenly become insanely talented with a camera. All photos by Andrew Johnson.



No, this is not a postcard.


Look, Mom! No mittens! No shoes either, for that matter.


Yes, it really was this idyllic.

Meet Andrew! (Confession: I think we're cute.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love your confession. I confess that I think you're cute too.

Anonymous said...

it's true. you're cute. :)

Lorenia said...

This is SO CUTE.