Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Leftovers

I've been completely emotional lately for no reason whatsoever. I feel unsettled, off-center, whatever you want to call it. The problem is, it's not consistent - I can deal with feeling consistently one way or another, but I go back and forth between being pretty content and being completely, totally sad.

I think it has something to do with being back in school after such a great break - and not only am I back in school, I'm at Real Actual Nursing School instead of just at small friendly JuCo, and it's a different atmosphere. I also think it has something to do with feeling like I never see people anymore - I spent so much time over break with so many people I love, and now I feel like I bounce between class, work, and homework with no time to do anything else but sleep. I also think it's partly that I feel like I don't know anyone well enough to be real yet - I mean, sure, we spend six hours a day together, but it's not exactly like I'm going to be anything but cheerful.

I think I just need some time to get used to everything. Maybe? Is that it? What's going on?

It makes me think of something New Friend Ben said in class today - "Drama is kind of like Chinese food. It's OK sometimes, but not very often, and you definitely don't want it sitting in your fridge."

I need to clean out the fridge.

2 comments:

Reluctant Kerry said...

I can relate. I left my beloved home in Wyoming when my husband began medical school in the Midwest. It took so long to get my bearings, and now we are moving again this summer for his residency (still don't know where, though).

I think I picked up on tons of new skills, however, as a result of coping with my displacement(e.g. navigating new cities without the benefit of mountains to orient myself).

You will learn a lot about yourself in this new setting, like how ridiculously awesome you look in scrubs! Have fun getting to know the medical version of you!

Maysoon said...

Gurl I hear ya!!! I am going through the exact same thang, Really!

You know be real! I do it all the time, especially to people I don't know. Trust me life actually becomes a lot more fun that way.

Try it you'll see : )