Monday, February 25, 2008

Did I stop too soon?

This post was partially inspired by the following conversation with my mom:

Mom: "What mascara are you using now?"

Me: "I dunno...I never remember the names of them. Partly because they're always named Super Triple Extra-Length Amazing Volume Stupendosity, or something like that."

But seriously - maybe I gave up on copywriting too soon. Maybe instead of writing ads for tractors, I should have gotten a job just naming stuff. Which made me think of Mitch Hedberg's take on this:

“I want to get a job as someone who names kitchen appliances. Toaster, refrigerator, blender.... all you do is say what the shit does, and add "er". I wanna work for the Kitchen Appliance Naming Institute. Hey, what does that do? It keeps shit fresh. Well, that's a fresher....I'm going on break.”

Yeah. That job would be perfect.

3 comments:

squelia said...

Now I feel compelled to inform you that I lurk as well. It's just.. well... You see.. After that Frisbee dream...

Juicebox said...

i wanna name lipstick.

Erin said...

Amelia, I feel better knowing that we're not trapped in the lurking closet. And the Frisbee dream must come true someday. Or maybe we can just eat food - I'm bad at Frisbee, but really good at eating.

Jinous - me TOO! Or OPI nail polish.