Wednesday, October 10, 2007

This week is...

Insane! I have roughly a million and four things to do - but on the positive side, I like lists, and crossing things off of them, so it's good that life is ridiculously busy, right? Right?? Here's a taste of what I'm up to. (Feel free to send encouragement, and treats.)

*Nursing school enrollment/orientation. I already know that my first two semesters will be pathophysiology, two theology classes, a philosophy class, and a psychology class. This means I'll be a spiritual hypochondriac who's prone to overanalysis. I can't wait for orientation because...I want to find out what PDA is recommended for drug books (yes, this excites me - they're all electronic! No lugging 40 pounds of books around the hospital!) AND I'm excited to meet the people I'll be spending 10 hours a day with for the next year and a half. (I hope they're not morning people. If they are, I hope they don't mind that I may not be perky for 5:30 a.m. clinicals.)

*I have a gigantic microbiology test next week. My professor gave us the following example and told us that something similar would be on the test: "Given a strand of DNA from a hepatitis virus, detail the steps you would take to create a vaccine. Hint: there are 7 steps." That is not my idea of a hint. Eek.

* I'm starting orientation/training at my new, shiny job. Think black pants! Think higher ticket prices! Think shirts with the name of the restaurant bedazzled in red rhinestones! (I'm not joking. But the food IS more expensive, and the place is not kid-friendly (read: no chicken strips), so I'm willing to forgive them for making us wear shirts that sparkle. In their defense, the bedazzling is tasteful...er...wait a second...)

2 comments:

Melon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

yes! bedazzling has made its way into your working life! please feel free to wear it to all future gatherings!