Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wednesdays are for randomness

*I attribute part of my obsession with coffee to the fact that I like the lingo.

That statement doesn't make any sense, until you consider that, outside of a coffee shop, the words, "Iced double tall skinny vanilla latte" make no sense. Therefore, in my mind, it's kind of a code.

My obsession with codes/abbreviations/secret languages (if you will) probably goes back to when I was about nine and made up a flashlight code with my neighbor/BFF so that we could communicate after our designated bedtime. We also spent a lot of time speaking in Pig Latin o-say as-hay o-tay annoy-hay y-may rother-bay.

Anyway, I have ascertained that my Summer Coffee Obsession is the drink mentioned above. It's cold (nice in the summer), delicious (nice no matter the season) and involves skim milk (nice for those of us who hear, "If you eat that you're not going to fit into your wedding dress!" several times a day.)

*Speaking of not fitting into our wedding dresses, someone needs to have a chat with Facebook. I'm slightly creeped out by targeted advertising; I'm even more creeped out by the fact that every time I log in to Facebook, I'm greeted with a banner ad: "Don't be a FAT BRIDE." Thanks for your concern, Facebook, but at my last fitting, the seamstress informed me that if I didn't eat more, my dress would fall off. That's why I'm enjoying these delicious nachos at this very minute. I'm doing it for you, my beloved wedding guests, so as to avoid losing my dress mid-ceremony. That's just awkward.

*And on another wedding-related note - I was going with mom for the aforementioned fitting when I mentioned that I was flummoxed about a veil. (These are things I have never worried about before, and do not anticipate worrying about ever again.) The conversation went as follows:

Me: "Mom, do you think it's weird that I don't want a veil?"

Mom: "Um. I would be a lot more concerned if you DID want to bail, but if you're even CONSIDERING bailing, then I suggest you bring that up now so that..."

Me: "Mom. I said 'VEIL.'"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. your conversation with your mom is beautiful! and that is why we love you.

Unknown said...

hahaha

Priceless.

Yeah, it's not weird that you don't want to bail, or to wear a veil.

Andrew should wear the veil.

:P

Sholeh said...

hahaha cute!

Heather said...

Oh man. This makes me wanna know all the details of the wedding!! :-)

Lorenia said...

hahahahaha i love your mom.