Sunday, August 3, 2008

What I Did Last Week

The ol' What I Did Last Summer post is a little too overwhelming, so here's a sample of last week:

-Worked National Cheesecake Day at My Favorite Corporate Restaurant on Wednesday. The Cheese Higher-Ups decided it would be a fabulous idea to celebrate by selling slices for $1.50 each. It was a fabulous marketing idea. Until The View and Sprint got ahold of it and informed the entire country. People were showing up in droves (I actually never thought I'd have a chance to use that word in this blog - yippee!) on Wednesday. They waited for an hour in the lobby, and then sat down only to wait for another hour to get a slice of cheesecake for $5 less than normal. I will confess that when a table decided, at 11 p.m., that they wanted to order cheesecake, thus guaranteeing that we would be there at least another hour, I offered them $5 each to just come back and get it the following day at normal price.

-Cleaned up the small swimming pool that formed in the basement, kitchen, and living room after the water hose detached from the fridge and began spewing water at the rate of 3 gallons/minute.

-Was really glad that wedding dress was not hanging in basement.

-Realized that Certain Events involving Certain People this summer have made me super-paranoid and really suspicious.

-To-dos: remember that people are inherently good. Forgive people who have made life rough. Pray more. Start noting blog-worthy items in Moleskine, because a heckuva lot more fun stuff happened last week that I am unfortunately unable to remember at this point.

5 comments:

Lorenia said...

There's a room of five people right now that all say "WE LOVE YOU" and are all really glad that your wedding dress was not hanging in the basement. Also, everyone agrees and has been talking ALL WEEKEND LONG about "OMG how excited are YOU about Erin and Andrew's wedding? OMG I KNOW!" :D

I love you, my seagull fwend!

Erin said...

If it HAD been hanging in the basement, we would've just gotten married in togas, and required our guests to wear them also. Which may still happen - stay tuned.

It makes me so, so happy that everyone's excited about the wedding - and I can't wait to see/squeeze all of you!

LOVE!

P.S. Seagulls forever.

Sholeh said...

I was one of the five above-mentioned folks, and I'm totally ok with the toga idea since I really don't know what I'm going to wear. :-D

Anonymous said...

glad i read this because i would have looked like a complete fool, showing up to the wedding in like a skirt or something. togas. are we thinking a classic sheet white look, or is taupe ok?

Erin said...

Sho, everyone seems to be totally OK with the toga idea. I was half-kidding at first, but now...

Cait, WWPICD? (What would Percy in Connecticut do?)