Thursday, August 7, 2008

Celebratory weasels

This is a shallow blog. I'm just warning you - if you're expecting deep or insightful, click onward.

I am having my hair put up for our wedding. I'd debated doing it myself, and then remembered several key points -

1. I have semi-long, extremely thick, naturally curly hair.

2. It is August.

3. I live in Kansas.

4. Kansas + August + long, thick, curly hair = one potential giant ball of uncooperative frizz.

Thus, I have an appointment at a local salon in order to get the mass tamed, pinned, and otherwise coerced into submitting for the better part of eight hours.

I have my hair trial next Friday. I'd debated canceling said trial, and then remembered the last two times I had updos done by unknown stylists:

Stylist 1: I wound up with a French twist. I haaaaaaate French twists. (Disclaimer: this statement only applies to a French twist on me. Go ahead and twist away - I think they're gorgeous on everyone else.)

Stylist 2: I had what appeared to be an angry, lopsided weasel (ALW) living on top of my head.

In the hopes of avoiding an angry, lopsided weasel, I went ahead and kept the hair trial. In the event that I DO end up with an ALW, I'm hoping that between Lorenia, Atoosa, Brooke, and a big ol' pile of bobby pins the ALW can at least be turned into a weasel who's there to party.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you end up getting an alw, then we can see to it that we updo as many people's hair as possible to look like an alp (that's possum). and since weasels are way cuter than possums... you will win.

Lorenia said...

hahahaha and if there is nothing to be done about the ALW, I will do all of our manes in a similar manner, and we will all have ALW in the pictures. And 20 years from now, when you're looking through your weddig pictures with your kids, you can tell them it was "all the rave" back when we were "young"... just like GODAWFUL BEEHIVES.

Unknown said...

erin, i battle daily with ALW. if you ever want to talk, im here to listen.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. i have NO idea why my dad's name is under the comment i made, but i am really glad that happened.

Erin said...

Cait and Lorenia - I knew I could count on you...

Afs, thanks for clearing that up. I was going through all of the Karamats I knew (um, just your dad) and was terribly confused. Also - does this mean your dad has a blogger account? Our parents are getting so high-tech these days!

Anonymous said...

No worries. I have done the hair and make up for 6 brides and 4 bridesmaids - besides myself, and have had to undo and repair, without the benefit of repeat wash and dry - and once without any styling products in a room without a sink, one ALW, and one GGE (Godawful Glittery Explosion), usually in less than 10 minutes prior to pictures and ceremony. But have fun and your hair trial anyway! Love ya, babe.

Unknown said...

afs, that was hilarious! I was picturing your dad worrying over his weasel hair. I'm still smiling. Just can't picture him in an updo.