Friday, June 6, 2008

Things I Am Terrified Of, Part I

So I live relatively close to a pond. Said pond is in the "yard" of a big corporate office building, and is thus on the corner of a really busy intersection.

Across the street from the pond is a hill full of juicy young clover blossoms and succulent, delicious grass.

Neither of these facts are of any importance until you add in the geese.

The pond is filled with several Canadian geese and their too-cute-to-be-believed little goslings.

Several times a day, the geese take it upon themselves to leave their watery home and meander across the street (and by "street" I mean "six-lane road close to the interstate") for a delicious snack.

I am terrified that I am going to be driving down Metcalf, changing the radio station or sending a text (dear Officer Dad, of course this is just for illustration - I never text while driving, no, no!) or taking a bite of granola bar or doing something else that may require that I take my eyes off the road for a second - and in that second, I will plow through the line of geese, thus incurring the wrath of all Canadian geese everywhere (those suckers are mean!) and making it look as though my Honda just lost the world's largest pillow fight.

These are the things I think about, dear readers. These are the things I think about.

3 comments:

Lorenia said...

And I repeat, Erin: birds of a feather!

No fowl pun intended.

Anonymous said...

Pun foul! Yellow card!


And Erin.....just drive down the road honking your horn.....that's the best way to communicate with geese, right? Honking?

Anonymous said...

ok. you know "corporate lake" at like 120-something and metcalf? they have a swan that hangs out there and ducks and white geese and canadian geese. we should go and investigate into whether or not they have baby guys. and bring bread. and shin guards. and helmets. (the white geese are attack geese and will not rest until they break skin.) sound fun?? heh! but seriously.