Thursday, January 14, 2010

Xanax smoothie with a side of down comforter, please.

I am cranky and exhausted.

I thought it would be a fabulous idea to get a job. My new schedule is class 8-4 Monday and Thursday, clinical 6:30-3 Tuesday and Wednesday, work 6:45 p.m. to 7:15 a.m. Thursday and Friday. Fridays and part of Saturdays are used for sleep. Sunday is for studying. Probably not so coincidentally, school stopped being fun about the same time that I started working. I feel like I have absolutely no down time - every minute is spent either sleeping, eating, studying, or at work. I feel pulled in a million different directions and the only direction I actually want to go in is toward the couch. Plus, I feel like I'm quickly losing nursing school friends just because I've become "that girl who always says no." I'm sure this will be worth it in August, but for now I just feel overwhelmed.

1 comment:

Undercover Boss Babe said...

Is your job nursing related? If so, it WILL be worth it. If not, at least cut back your hours as much as possible. Those people who say "I'll sleep when I'm dead" get there more quickly. This from a woman who has slep 12 hrs this whole past week, so I'm not good at implementing my own advice. Sleep deprivation sucks, as does a lack of social life and spiritual community life. Going to bed now. Miss you! Goodnight!