Monday, November 12, 2007

Don't you kids make me turn this plane around...

On the late flight back to Kansas City last night, I managed to score my favorite seat on the plane - first row/aisle, if you're interested. I love this spot because it is close to the door and has miles of legroom. It also provides an excellent vantage point for interesting interactions between captain and crew.

At one point, I briefly surfaced from Sleepytown to see the pilot, hands folded in front of him, standing at the front of the plane. He surveyed his kingdom, and then quietly said to the flight attendant, "Are they all asleep? Aww...that's so cute." It felt very family-vacation-in-the-minivan-esque. Now please go back up there and drive the plane, Captain Dad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny. In the arena of what pilots are doing when they are supposed to be flying us....we have a friend who is a pilot with an airline (undisclosed) and some friend pilots of his got some disciplinary action when they were reported by some nervous clients. They were having Bert and Ernie puppets fly the plane. Some were not amused. This was prior to 9/11 of course.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh... i want captain dad to fly my next flight. haha... how cute...

Andrew said...

haha! Captain Dad. Wow.